Qualifications for employment
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must be a high school graduate or have obtained a state certified GED
• Must have a valid Louisiana driver’s license with a good driving record
• Must have no felonies or no misdemeanor charges that would prohibit you from carrying a firearm
• Must be able to pass a physical which includes drug screen
• Must be in good physical shape in order to complete the police academy
• Must be a registered voter
• Must pass a state civil service entrance exam
Procedures for consideration of employment
Submit a completed application, which can be downloaded from this site.
Attach all certifications, if applicable.
Copies of your driver’s license and social security card must be attached to the application.
Background checks will be completed prior to an interview being granted. Background checks include, but is not limited to, criminal history, employment history and driving record. When an opening for employment becomes available, applicants who have completed the application properly and have passed all background checks will be contacted for an interview.
Interviews are completed by the Division Commanders based on a scoring system. Only those applicants scoring above acceptable shall be considered for employment. No applicant shall be informed of his / her score during or after an interview.
Employment opportunities are based on the oral interview with Division Commanders and the authorization of the Chief of Police. All procedures must be followed or an applicant may be disqualified from proceeding in the employment process.
Please review all required forms prior to submitting them to the Crowley Police Department.